- Provides a hands-on approach in the organization, directing of warehouse day-to-day activities to include order filling, stocking, shipping, receiving, will call, and inventory control
- Setup layout and ensure efficient and functional space utilization
- Responsible for maintenance of warehouse equipment and repairs. Ensures that warehouse personnel have safe, efficient equipment to perform distribution functions effectively
- Warehouse security, safety programs and good operation and maintenance of warehouse power equipment (forklifts, cherry pickers, reach truck, etc.), workers’ compensation reporting and all OSHA local and state regulations
- Adheres to budget requirements and works toward obtaining objectives and warehouse performance goals
- Maintains complete open line of communication between the warehouse and all levels of staff as needed. Good working relationships amongst all departments is vital.
- Ensure a high degree of detail and accuracy
- Respond to customer service requests promptly and resolve issues quickly
- Impeccable written and verbal communication
- Scheduling and training of warehouse personnel
- Manage warehouse work flow
- Coordinate outside resources and temporary workforce to get the job done on time
- Safety and cleanliness of the warehouse always remains a top priority.
- 5+ years’ experience in Distribution/wholesale warehousing warehouse management position, preferable with experience in a new warehouse facility
- College Degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration preferred
- Experience in the construction, home improvement industries highly preferred
- Ability to lift 60-pounds or more
- Knowledge and experience of LTL, UPS and other forms of transportation including shipments to and from overseas
- Proven knowledge of warehouse policies and procedures
- Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven leadership and team building skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.